Monday, August 31, 2009

Public Speaking, Oh My!

I've been asked by the local LANUG (Lower Alabama .NET User Group) to speak at the next meeting, in September. I've talked it over with Ryan, the organizer, and we decided that the best topic I could present on would be the Social Networking for Developers address that Scott Hanselman gave at Devscovery. I hope he won't be upset. In fact, I need to email him and clear it with him, maybe ask for some help or pointers.

Lets see... what are the topics to cover...
1. Blogging for Devs (Why you should do it and Who you should be reading)
2. Social Networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
3. Community Code Sites (Stack Overflow, Sourceforge)
4. Team Utilities (gist.github.com, pastie.org, etherpad.com)

I should probably go over appropriate vs. inappropriate social activities while on the job and what you should or shouldn't put on a public blog, if I have time. I have to fill an hour's worth of content. I have 3 weeks to prepare for the lecture.

I'm looking forward to it, now I just have to find the time to get my presentation all squared away before then, without falling behind in school or work. Goody!

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment